Monday 11 October 2010

Street Art

One of the things I like about living in a city (even better if it is as large as London) is the mix of people. Of course cities are sometimes full crime amongst other bad things but I always prefer to look at the positive things when it comes to human beings. And it is cities where you are most likely to find street art. On Friday night I was coming back home and found this ‘intriguing’ piece of street art (apologies for the quality of the picture).


What? Don’t you think this is art? Look pal, this is a blog and I checked it in Wiki (follow the link to see some cool pieces from all around the world): this certainly falls in the definition of street art and for me that suffices. No, seriously, if there is a composition that is intentional and tries to communicate messages/feelings or generates them in the witness that in my books is street art.

I particularly like those that are spontaneous like this picture below. It was last winter, it had snowed heavily and I went out to take pictures at the same places I go usually around but with the snow giving them a different spin.



After the inspiration I received from the “Chair in the Canal”, I produced my bit of street art that same afternoon in the Victoria Park (well actually just took the photo of the “Left Buggy”).


I also like the somewhat less spontaneous. By the way, you don’t need to be in such a large city to come across street art. I found this grafitti (the translation from the Spanish is “Where are we going to that we are not getting there?”) in the stunning Cuenca, Ecuador.


Do you like street art? I would love to hear your stories about it.

1 comment:

Beaudon Spaulding said...

Hello,

I saw your blog and wanted to open a dialog with you about options of syndication. We are actively syndicating blog content across hundreds of thousands of domains. You would be placed in conjunction with our AP News content.
The service is free, takes under a minute to register and will provide exposure by way of page views to your blog content.
Please let me know if this is of interest.

Cheers,

Beaudon Spaulding
Bloggersyndication.com
321-277-3370

Post a Comment