Friday 8 October 2010

HTML is a piece of cake: I’m happy!

In the last couple of days, I was trying to round up a couple of posts for this blog but couldn’t find the finishing touches that I was looking for. So then, I decided to entertain myself playing with the template. And boy, did I have fun!!! When you start playing around with Blogger’s templates, codes of HTML and CSS it can be a very absorbing, engrossing and most of the time frustrating experience. Most of the time because I think I got there in the end.

With the help from some friends (amogst others tips-for-new-blogger.blogspot.com), I began by adding a menu navbar. Then, I gained confidence and dived into that wonderful world behind ‘Edit HTML’ (who would have thought it a few days ago!). The template was starting to look more like something I like (please remember there is noting more relative/subjective than tastes). But thanks to this excellent post by jacqsbloggertips.blogspot.com I could add the final touches (for now!) by writing the codes myself in the CSS section. Unbelievable. I don’t need a lot to be happy!

                                                      (http://onemoremonkey.com/index.php)

I started this blog a few days ago just trying to communicate and exchange ideas with people with similar interests to mine, always with the idea of keeping on learning new things. I haven’t interacted so far (hopefully that will come) but I am glad I already learnt so much.

You wouldn’t think this is the most beautiful blog design around. But for me, it’s. And you know why? Because I (sort of) created it!

Any experiences daring to approach HTML? Have you tweaked your blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment