Saturday 9 October 2010

Optimist

There is a scene towards the end (if I remember correctly) of My Own Private Idaho (LINK) that I find very telling regarding the human nature. In this scene, the character played so awesomely by River Phoenix collapses due to his condition of narcolepsy (LINK) in the middle of a country road. A truck stops by and the two guys that descend from it steal from him his rucksack and shoes. Then a car stops and the guy picks River Phoenix to take him in search for help (it appears).

However, when it comes to humanity I am always with optimists’ side. I know that everyday there are a large number of developments against this optimism. But there are also always positive developments. And it makes me good when I witness them. No matter how small.




I took this photo with my mobile last week. I guess a child lost his school sweater and someone, instead of stealing / keeping it for himself, left it hanging on the railings in case the owner came for it later. The same thing happened to me a few years ago (I dropped one of my scooter gloves) and found it on the railings just like that school sweater. I was grateful. Little things that make sharing this large home called world better.

Are you with us, the optimists as well? Have you witnessed something nice recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment