Tuesday 28 September 2010

Strictly Sexual

By chance I came across this film (Strictly Sexual). The comments I saw on internet about it mentioned a film that was much more than a movie about sex. And they were right: this is a romantic-comedy much more interesting than any rom-com you can watch. Here is the trailer:




I liked it a lot. And it made me remember other American indie movies that I enjoyed very much (Sideways, About Schmidt, Little Miss Sunshine, Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Juno) and how much more I like this sort of cinema over the typical Hollywood stuff.

Bonus track: reading on the movie in IMDB I learnt that the script-writer is one of the leading characters who said something really interesting and encouraging: “"There has never been a better time to be an indie filmmaker. If you have a story to tell, you can grab a digital video camera, get your actor friends together, and make a movie... Just work hard and put your heart into it”. The budget for this movie was US$ 100,000!

No comments:

Post a Comment